Gilmore Girls Book Tag

17:16

I am so excited for the new Gilmore Girls revival! Gilmore Girls is one of my all time favourite comfort shows, that I love to re-watch. So I thought I would do this tag by Cynthia from Bingeing on Books

Rory and Lorelai - a book with an awesome mother/daughter relationship
Unfortunately I don't really feel like I have read many books with great relationships between mother and daughter. This is probably in part because I read a lot of YA, and typically the parents play a small role or are missing all together.

Rory - Favourite character who is a bookworm

I have to go with Katy from the Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout. Katy is a total book worm, and also a book blogger. When I read Obsidian I instantly clicked with her character.

Paris - A character who is snarky and completely honest, almost to a fault



Will from Me Before You. This was the last book I read and it was fantastic.


Lane - Book with an awesome best friend
Attachments by Rainbow Rowell. Beth and Jennifer have such a cute friendship and we see how close they are with the emails they send each other over the course of the books

Sookie - A Character who makes you laugh

 Kenji Kishimoto from the Shatter Me series by Taharah Mafi. His character was one of my favourites and I think it might be time for a re-read to get some more Kenji in my life.

Lorelai and Luke - A book about best friends who fall in love

Definitely Ron and Hermione from Harry Potter series. Enough said.

Jess - Most swoon worthy fictional boyfriend

Étienne from Anna and the French Kiss. Don't tell my boyfriend that I am having an emotional affair with a fictional character ;)

Lorelai - Character who is super clever and quick witted

Baz from Carry On. Although he wasn't honest about ...some things. I loved how snarky he was and his sharp wit.

Logan - Character who is a bad boy that you can't help but love

I think it's worth saying that I don't like Logan in Gilmore Girls. So it pains me to say this character is a Logan - because I genuinely didn't like Logan's character but my favourite bad boy is any of the Maddox brothers. Probably Travis Maddox but I love all of them!


You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I agree about Ron and Hermiona :) I shipped them so hard even before I knew what shipping means LOL
    And I haven't met Étienne from Anna and the French Kiss yet. I need to change that soon if you compare him to Jess :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that you did this tag! I had a hard time coming up with a book with a great mother/daughter relationship too. I read a lot of YA and there were NONE that I could think of. I had to pull from the selection of the few adult books that I have read. I really need to read Attachments by Rainbow Rowell. I love her, but I have not read that one yet. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I just had to comment on this post because I absolutely love Gilmore Girls. I'm also so excited for the revival! It never occurred to me that YA doesn't have very many, if any, good mother/daughter relationships. Though if you've read TMI, Clary and Jocelyn have a decent relationship. Not sure I would categorize it as "awesome" though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TMI is currently on my TBR but I am looking forward to reading it so I can find out :)

      Delete

Popular Posts

Follow Me On Twitter