NaNoWriMo 2016

13:38



Code blue. CODE BLUE! We are 1 week out from NaNoWriMo 2016, and of course I am participating. This will be my 3rd year participating and my 3rd year winning (that’s right, I already know I will win again this year.

The last 2 years I participated I have written fantasy, but for the first time I am writing a contemporary romance. I am more than a little nervous about the change in pace, but excited to try my hand at something a little different.

This year I had planned to have a full outline by November 1st. If you have heard anything about NaNoWriMo, you have probably heard about the 2 camps of people who write: planners and pantsers. Planners are the people who plan out their entire novel before they start writing, and usually have a thorough outline before they start writing. Pantsers are those who “write by the seat of their pants” and let their characters tell the story, rather than feeling trapped by a rigid outline. Personally, I fall somewhere in between the two. I have planned out many of my chapters, and have a general idea of how I am getting from point A to point B, but I haven’t outlined my novel fully. I like the idea of having a little bit of freedom.


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Yay! NaNo! I'm doing it again too this year (I think this is year 4?), but I'm semi cheating and continuing my previous story because I can't let it go until it's finished...and I know I won't actually finish it unless I do it through NaNo.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Follow Me On Twitter