Non-Fiction Focus

18:00

The latest additions to my non-fiction collection

Ok, so if you have visited my blog even just once then you can probably tell I love YA and NA.

However I also really, really like non-fiction, especially science based non-fiction. I am a laboratory scientist, so obviously I love science and I love learning.  

These are some of the Non-fiction books I have recently added to my shelf.

Octopus! The Most Mysterious Creature in the Sea by Katherine Harmon Courage
Octopuses (yes, it is octopuses not octopi) are one of my all time favourite animal. I recently read Soul of an Octopus by Sy Montgomery and after reading that it made me want to pick up more books. (If you tell me my friends and boyfriend must be getting sick of my octopus facts....you’re 100% right) 

What if?: Serious Scientific Answers to Absurd Hypothetical Questions by Randall Munroe
This book is my ideal. If is filled with scientific answers to hypothetical questions such as what if all of your DNA disappears? Can you make a jetpack with downwards facing machine guns? I am about halfway through this book at the moment – it’s the type of book I like to pick up and read a few scenarios at a time then put it down again.

Kraken: The Curious, Exciting and Slightly Disturbing Science of Squid by Wendy Williams
This is a book that I haven’t picked up yet but I can’t wait to devour its insides (sounds a bit creepy but you get the idea). The title describes the book more concisely than I can, and this is right up my alley.

How do you feel about non-fiction? And what is an area you love reading about?
  

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Follow Me On Twitter