Review: P.S I Still Love You by Jenny Han

18:00


Rating: 4/5

P.S. I Still Love You is the sequel and conclusion to the To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before series by Jenny Han. It follows Lara Jean, a hopeless romantic, who writes love letters to the boys she has loved, as a way to get over them and stores them in a hat box under her bed. Mysteriously they get sent out to each of the boys they are addressed to, and her secret crushes become not so secret. The first book is fantastic and I recommend giving it a read if you into contemporary. 

I was so unsure how I was going to rate this book, and after the first 100 pages I was sure I was going to give it a 2 or 3 star rating. But after 100 pages, the book picked up pace and I couldn’t put it down.

At first I thought I was not able to relate to the book or the characters since they were in high school, and Lara Jean had high school problems. However once the book progressed and Lara Jean meets Stormy, the fabulous retiree, it was quite thought provoking about life and love. Jenny Han explored the details and intricacies of your first dating experience and heart breaks fantastically, my heart ached with hers.
Exploring growing up without a Mum and missing a mother figure was a strong theme in this book. Kitty, Lara Jean’s younger sister, tries throughout the book to set their dad up which was sweet and heartbreaking all at once.

This book, like the last had a love triangle (although with different characters) Lara Jean is pulled between Peter and John Ambrose McClaren. John Ambrose is the perfect guy and Peter is Peter. Jenny Han did such a fantastic job at making you see why Lara-Jean was struggling with feelings for more than one person (although I knew 100% who I would pick) I think Lara-Jean picked the absolute wrong guy, but the ending was still very satisfying. 

Overall I’m glad I finished this series, and would recommend it to anyone interested.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Follow Me On Twitter