Coffee Book Tag

18:00

I like tags, and even though I wasn't tagged to do this, I have to because I looove coffee.

Black: A series that is hard to get through but has it's hardcore fans

For this I have to go with the series I am currently struggling the most with: the Legend series by Marie Lu... please don't kill me. Everything I had heard about these books before was about how fast paced and addictive they are. I follow so many bloggers and Instagram accounts that swear this is their all time favourite series but it just doesn't click for me. I even did a review of the first book where I rated it 4 stars here, but for me after that the series has gotten so hard to get through. I'll post an update when I fiiiinally get done with Champion.


Obsessed with the pink page edges
Peppermint Mocha: A book that gets more popular during the winter or a festive time of year

My True Love Gave to Me, edited by Stephanie Perkins. This is the sweetest book, which is a collection of 12 short stories by ALL the YA authors (not really, but Laini Taylor, Holly Black, Rainbow Rowell etc. etc.). I might be cheating a little since this book only came out in 2014 but I have read it both christmases since it came out and plan on reading it again in December this year. This book gives me all the feels and feels like christmas time wrapped up in a bow.


Hot chocolate: A favourite children's book

For me, it will always be The Little Prince by Antonie de Saint-Exupéry. I can't even count how many times I have read this book. It is so gorgeous and will remain a favourite of mine forever. Although this is a 'children's' book, the themes are so important to me, and I love to re-read this from time to time.


Double shot of espresso: A book that kept you on the edge of your seat from start to finish

Illuminae by Aime Kaufman and Jay Kristoff! I had never read anything that was written in such a unique format before and I really loved it. This book was massive but so fast paced and I couldn't put it down.


Starbucks: A book you see everywhere

Mortal Instruments and Infernal Devices series. Yes I own all the books. No I still haven't read them.



That hipster coffee shop: A book by an indie author (shout out)

I really don't read many books by indie authors, I should read more but I always feel like by TBR is so long! and because I don't really know how to get my hands on them. So I will go for The Book of Hat by Harriet Rowland. I did a review here. This was written by a girl who went to my old high school, and is a collection of blog posts. I wold liken it to a 'real life fault in our stars'


Oops I accidentally got decaf: A book you were expecting more from

Carry On by Rainbow Rowell. I looove Rainbow Rowell and I have loved everything else that she has written. This one was so hyped up for me, I think I had set impossible standards in my mind, and it just fell short of all the praise it was receiving.


The perfect blend: A book series that was both bitter and sweet but ultimately satisfying

My perfect blend has to be the Harry Potter series by Queen Jo herself (J.K Rowling). These books are home to me, and every time I re-read one I feel so satisfied. I go through all the emotions possible and love these books with all my heart.


These covers are also beautiful!
Green tea: A book or series that is quietly beautiful

Shatter me series by Tahereh Mafi. I loved the writing style of this series, and the story was fantastic. I'm not sure if it is 'quietly' beautiful because this series has so much exposure, but I loved the writing style so much that it deserves a spot on the list


Chai Tea: A book or series that makes you dream of far off places

Prague is my number 1 travel destination that I am dying to visit, so Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor is my pick for this question.


Earl Grey: A favourite classic

I don't read many classics, and since I have already used The Little Prince, I will say Dracula by Bram Stoker since it my most recently read classic.

I tag all of you! Anyone that hasn't done this tag yet should! :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Follow Me On Twitter