Review: The Book of Hat by Harriet Rowland

00:21


Rating: 5/5

This book is described as the real life The Fault in Our Stars. Harriet Rowland (aka 'Hat') was diagnosed with osteosarcoma when she was 17, and this book is a collection of her blog posts she wrote during her experience of 'walking the dog'.

I read this book as Harriet went to my high school, and although she was a year younger than me, and I did not know her personally I saw her around, and this book let me get to know her beautiful life attitude. Her writing is inspiring, honest and heartbreaking, and this book tells her story from her diagnosis to chemotherapy. It is filled with personal photos of her and her friends, and to be honest it was a little surreal seeing so many photos of people I knew, and reading about things so close to me. 

Getting such an intimate look into Harriet's journey was such a privilege

Also, At Hat's wish $1 from every book sold is donated to CanTeen (The New Zealand Teenage Cancer Patients' Society), so I recommend anyone interested giving this book a buy. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Follow Me On Twitter