Review: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find them by Newt Scamander (J. K. Rowling)

18:00



Rating: 5/5

I may be a little biased with this rating because deep down, in my soul I feel like I can't rate anything Harry Potter related anything other than 5 stars. I found this very interesting! Reads like a textbook but I wasn't bored at any point. I loved reading about all of the different beasts, although I have to admit there were more than a couple of terrifying ones (I'm talking about you Lethifold!!!)

There are side notes all through out this book by Harry, Ron and Hermione, they added in an aspect of humour, with a lot of Hagrid references. I also liked how the book went into the politics of beings vs. beasts and times before the existence of Ministry of Magic, and covered regulations around breeding. 


Some of the notes inside

I can't wait for the movie adaptation, and I think there is a lot of material in the book that will be fantastic, such as Newt's back story and experience with many of the beasts. 

If you Love Harry Potter, you will love this. If you haven't read Harry Potter, or disliked it I wouldn't recommend picking this up, because it is a text book. 

Goodreads
Buy from Book Depository

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Follow Me On Twitter