2016 Reading Goals

18:00


A very late post but I wanted to share my reading goals for 2016 (so I can be held accountable and I don't completely slack)

Goodreads goal

My Goodreads goal this year was originally 52 books. I figured a book a week is a good amount considering I am starting my PhD this year, but I decided to up it to 100 *crowd gasps in shock*
I managed 100 books the year I did my honours thesis, I got this. *hair flip*
You can add me as a friend on Goodreads and see all the books I'm reading and rating here

Other goals
  • I want to branch out with my genre's this year and I want to read at least 5 classics. I know, I know, 5 isn't exactly ambitious, but I want to set goals I can reach otherwise if I aim for 12 then I've only read 2 by October I would give up, this is an easy goal to ease myself into the classic genre.
  • Finish my half read books! I have about 6 books on my shelf with bookmarks halfway in them. This year I want to finish all these half read books. Some of them (but not all) include: Carry On by Rainbow Rowell, The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black, Dracula by Bram Stoker and Spell Bound (Hex Hall #3) by Rachel Hawkins
  • Start the Song of Ice and Fire series. I have this entire box set - well at least all those that George RR Martin has released. I absolutely looove this TV show, and I really want to read the books, but the only thing that scared me in the past is the size. When I set myself a goal such as read 100 books in a year, it is obviously easy to accomplish if I read short books, but I don't want to do that this year and stop myself reading books I really want to. This year I want to finish at LEAST Game of Thrones, but who knows - once I start I might not be able to stop until I have finished the whole series. 

Let me know any goals you have, and if you have any suggestions of goals I should add.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Follow Me On Twitter