Review: Oblivion by Jennifer L. Armentrout (Lux #1.5)

18:00

Worst cover ever.

Rating: 4/5

This is the first book the Lux series, Obsidian, in Daemon’s perspective.
*I have not read the bonus content of Onyx and Opal from Daemons POV, as I do not have the ebook* For anyone who doesn’t know, the Lux series is about an alien species, Luxen who live on earth, undetected. They adopt a human form, and live a normal life, with a close eye kept on them by the Government Department of Defence (DOD), making sure they don’t expose themselves to humans. But Katy, a book blogger and high schooler, moves in next door and gets under Daemon’s skin

Daemon is kind of an asshole...to put it lightly. But it was interesting to see this story from Daemon’s perspective. I felt like Katy was always a little bit in love with Daemon in Obsidian, and insta-love annoys me more than anything else, but in this book it was easy to see that Daemon didn’t have that same love for Katy, attraction perhaps, but he cared for Dee much much more.

Overall I enjoyed it. It really is a book lovers dream getting to read a book they loved again for the first time, and this book gave me that experience. I always worry about a book getting released in a different POV because so often it is too similar to the previous book with the same dialogue but pronouns changed. For me, I didn’t have that problem – I’m not sure if it was because it was significantly different or if it because it has been a while since I read obsidian.

Jennifer L. Armentrout has a very engaging writing style, cheesy, but engaging. Her stories are always fun to read but I just didn’t love this the same way I did when I read Lux the first time around.


I wouldn’t recommend reading this before reading Obsidian, but it is an enjoyable series to read, so if it sounds even a little bit interesting to you, think about picking it up. The cover is really, truly awful - as are all the original covers in the Lux series. (The bind up reprints, Beginnings and Consequences are terrible too) But I promise, if you look past the covers, there are great stories inside. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Follow Me On Twitter