The Aesthetically Pleasing Book Tag

15:30

So. Many. Pretty Books. I know... I know... "don't judge a book by it's cover" but I have a thing for beautiful book covers so when I saw this tag over on DreamlandBookBlog I knew I had to do it! I will only be answering with books I have in my collection

1. Best colour combo on a book cover


The Problem with Forever by Jennifer L. Armentrout. I don't know what to say except this gorgeous combination of water colours was the reason I bought this book. (It was fantastic though - I gave it 5 stars!)

2. Best typography/font on a book cover


The Illuminae Files series by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff are the winners for me. I love this collection of fonts on the cover, and this whole book has incredible fonts the whole way throughout - if you haven't picked up this series, you need to!

3. Best simple cover


This cover of You by Caroline Kepnes is simple, but insanely effective. It is intriguing and creepy and this

4. Best endpages


Even though I still am yet to read Starters by Lissa Price, these endpages were my favourite that I found on my bookcase.

5. Best map


Ok. I hate have a love-hate relationships with book maps. I hate geography (even fictional) and so when I see a map in a book I groan and skip past it. But then later when a places are mentioned I find myself flipping back to the map - then immediately forgetting everything again. However, A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas is one of the only books with a map that I really appreciated when I was reading it, so this has to be my winner.

6. Best naked hardback


I have waaaay more paperback books in my collection. In New Zealand hardbacks are very expensive, so I had a limited selection to choose from. The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness is my pick for best naked book.

7. Best back cover

The octopus is my absolute favourite animal, if it wasn't already obvious from one of my previous posts. They are elegant, mysterious, intelligent and unlike anything else. The art of this cover (AND back cover) for The Soul of an Octopus by Sy Montgomery is absolutely stunning.
This full spread of this book is even more impressive!

8. Best chapter headers


I adore the chapter headers for Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them screenplay!

9. Best illustrations



This is an absolute no brainer for me. The best illustrations by far are the Harry Potter illustrated editions, illustrated by Jim Kay. I have the first three in my collection, they came out the previous three years just before my birthday so I've treated myself to them each year. This is the first year that one didn't come out in October - which is understandable - Goblet of Fire is huge! It is definitely my plan to keep collecting each of these beautiful illustrated editions as they are released.

10. Best spine


Dracula by Bram Stoker. I am obsessed with this Barnes and Nobel leather bound edition that my boyfriend bought in Chicago this year. It looks amazing on our shelves!

11. Favourite cover on your shelves


This was so hard! My favourite book cover changes all the time, however right now the cover that I think is stunning is Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor - the UK edition! The gold details on the dark blue are so eye catching!


What are some of your favourite book covers?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Follow Me On Twitter