Beautiful Book Covers

14:23

"Don't judge a book by it's cover". Everyone and their mother has heard this wise phase - which is completely true. However as a book 'collector' I can't pass up a beautiful book - even if I have heard nothing about it. Today I will share with you some books in my collection I bought because they were too beautiful to pass up.

I nearly never buy hardcover books, because they cost ~$35 NZD in a store, and online ~$20. I can buy two paperbacks for that price, so I tend to prefer to buy paperbacks. However the few hardcovers I do have are b-e-a-u-tiful editions of books, where I couldn't bear if the cover got damaged at all, or, god forbid, bent! (dun-dun- DUUUN!!)

Wow. Wow. Wow.
These Broken Stars. This book is serious eye candy! One look at this cover, and I knew I would have to buy it before I had even read the premise. But it turns out I loved it! and I am so glad I bought it. This sci-fi book is a survival novel about Lilac, the daughter of the richest man in the universe, and a war hero - Tarver. The space liner they are on drops out of hyperspace and their escape pod lands on an unexplored planet (It reminded me a lot of Titanic when I was reading it). These characters are cynical, witty and fierce. This books was a great read, and I can't wait to read the next book in the series, a companion novel, which is equally as beautiful...

Urgh, I need this in my life. 

This next book wasn't exactly a 'cover-buy' because I was so desperate to own it anyway, but I am talking about My True Love Gave to Me by Every YA Author Ever!

Modelled by my cat Max 
I saw this book on Book Depository and immediately bought it without question, I went onto goodreads, and saw someone post about coloured page edges. What!? I immediately started digging a little (I couldn't wait a few weeks for my book to arrive in the post!) and found...

PINK PAGE EDGES!!!
Wow. I had never seen a book with pink page edges before. I have seen the US edition of this book, and it is super cool too - illustrations of each of the 12 couples in the book ice-skating. But this UK edition is so much better. I loved this book, I read it in December before Christmas (duh!) and rated it 5/5. Obviously there were some stories I liked more than others but my favourites were Midnight by Rainbow Rowell and It's a Yuletide Miracle Charlie Brown by Stephanie Perkins.

Next on my insanely beautiful covers list is Alienated by Melissa Landers.

Those colours are insane!
Another book I bought, without even looking into it much (whoops!), but it turned out to be a fantastic read! This book is about an alien exchange programme. Cara hosts an L'eihr exchange student - Aelyx.

Finally, I want to show you one of my favourite series with beautiful covers - the Shatter Me trilogy by Tahereh Mafi


I looove these covers. Shatter Me, Unravel Me and Ignite Me are absolutely beautiful books, and I loved them so much. In my Book Blogger TMI Tag I named Juliette and Warner as my OTP. This story focuses around Juliette, who's touch is lethal... If that premise doesn't sound fascinating I don't know what does. 

What is your all time favourite book cover? Tell me in the comments

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Follow Me On Twitter