Book Height Nightmare!

11:49


Arrrgggghhhh!!!

From some of my other posts, you may be able to tell that I like my books to look nice next to each other on the shelf. But one thing that bothers me more than anything, is when I make sure to get all paperback editions so they will match and then one of the books is different. Otherwise known as the curse of the International Edition.

In a previous post, I complained about my Anna and the French Kiss series not being the same height - admittedly this one was my fault, as I had unknowingly bought books by different publishers. However, when I make the extra effort to ensure I have bought books by the same publisher (I'm looking at you Harper!) and then one of them shows up as an international edition, but it was not advertised as such. I know it is what is on the inside that counts, but them looking gorgeous on my shelf if a bonus. Mismatched editions makes my shelves look all disheveled - just look at that picture! (I know my eve trilogy is out of order - I've read this trilogy, I just noticed it after I took the photo *runs to my shelf to fix it*)

From now I have been making sure to check the dimensions of all books I buy online, because this just bothers me so much. On a side note - why are international editions always bigger? Is there a reason for this? Tell me in the comments if you know. 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. This sounds like something I would do! I love to have my book shelves kept in an orderly way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have definitely learned my lesson about international editions!

      Delete

Popular Posts

Follow Me On Twitter