Easy by Tammara Webber - Review

21:43


Rating: 5/5

This was a one night read. Started at 10.30pm finished at 3am.

As one of the first New Adult books I read, this really got me into the genre. The name and the cover put me off, because I thought it was going to be some sappy smut, but the story was great. Jaqueline is the protagonist and is super strong. She puts her dreams of becoming a musician aside to follow her long-term boyfriend to college, only to be broken up with a few weeks in. (not a spoiler - this is in the blurb). At a party, one of her ex-boyfriends friends attempts to rape her, and Lucas, a total stranger, appears to save the day. Lucas is in her class at college and is a total mystery - never taking notes and always drawing. This book deals with the subject of rape very well, portraying realistic responses from the victim and the community. This book focused very much on Jacqueline growing and finding herself after a vicious attack rather than just the relationship blossoming in the book. Tammara Webber's writing style flows perfectly, reading this was just like watching a movie or listening to a song.

Lucas Maxfield is the ultimate book boyfriend - I saw the cute twist coming, but I still had a silly grin on my face when Jaqueline found out. The next book in the series is Breakable. Breakable is Lucas's story. It includes scenes from before Easy, then covers all that is in Easy and some after - all from Lucas's POV. I listened to this next instalment on an audiobook with one of my favourite narrators - Zacchary Webber.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I loved this book, I read it and then listened to it on audio and it was fabulous both times. I'm glad you loved this as well.

    A great review. Sharon – Obsession with Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tamara Webber is a genius! I recommend Breakable too, which is Easy from Lucas's POV

      Delete

Popular Posts

Follow Me On Twitter