Book Haul - Fantasy & Dystopian (Series Edition)

14:06





Uh.. I went book shopping. These are some of my latest additions to my book collections. Lately I have been on a bit of a contemporary kick, and I noticed once these all arrived I was straying away a little. You may ask why I would buy an entire trilogy or the first few books before I have even read the first one. Well my dear readers, I love to marathon my books. Once I read the first book in a series, more often than not, I need to pick up the next book immediately.. and books in book stores in New Zealand are insanely overpriced. I can buy an entire trilogy on Book Depository cheaper than I can typically get one book in a book shop here, so I tend to buy them all in one go - waiting 2 weeks for the book to arrive is pure torture!

The first series I picked up is the Mistborn trilogy by Brandon Sanderson. I picked this up because it is being read as the Booksplosion Book of the Month, which I love to participate in. This is an epic fantasy series, which I will be going into not knowing much (my favourite way to start books) but if you want to read a bit of the premise see the goodreads blurbAs it turns out this trilogy is the first in a 'trilogy of trilogies'

The second two books I picked up are Unwind and Unwholly by Neal Shusterman. Like nearly every other YA dystopian book today, the cover brings up similarities to the Hunger Games. I thought this was a duo, but it turns out there are 4 books in the 'dystology' (whoops). Unwind is set in a world, where between the ages of 13 and 18, parents can choose to 'unwind' their children. Where their organs can be harvested to keep others alive, their organs live on in other people so they are not 'technically' being killed. This book centres around 3 teenagers who are being unwound for different reasons, and follows whether or not they are able to survive. I saw Elle Fowler review these on youtube aaaaages ago, and have been interested in picking them up ever since. 

The last two books I picked up are the first and second book in the Daughter of Smoke and Bone trilogy by Laini Taylor (the third back isn't out in paperback yet). This series is fantasy, and I will include a little blurb here: 'Karous is a seventeen-year-old art student with a most unusual family. From his desk in a dusty, otherworldly shop, her mysterious, monstrous father sends her on errands across the glove, collecting teeth for  a shadowy purpose. On one such errand, Karou encounters an angel, and soon the mysteries of her life and her family are unraveled'...What!? That sounds amazing! After hearing Katytastic rave again and again about this series I know I had to pick it up.

Have you read any of these books? Which one do you think I should pick up first?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Follow Me On Twitter